COVID-19 or coronavirus disease is mainly an infectious disease. This mainly causes acute respiratory illness. This is mainly a new strain of coronavirus that can affect different people in many different ways. Some of the important facts about the covid testing have been discussed in this article.
Different types of the covidtestings to know about
Below are some of the important types of covid testing to know about:
- Polymerase chain reaction or PCR tests are mainly sent away to the lab for diagnosing the disease. PCR tests are mainly used to directly screen for the presence of the viral RNA. This will be detected in the body before antibodies form or the symptoms of the disease that are mainly present.
- Lateral flow tests or LFTs are mainly used to diagnose Covid-19 on the spot. But this test is not accurate as of the PCR tests
- Antibody tests can’t identify the active infection, but they can mainly help to tell if the person has immunity to Covid-19.
Importance of the covid testing to consider
Below are some of the importance of the covid testing one must consider:
- The healthcare provider mainly believes someone has signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Some of the common symptoms mainly include cough, fever, difficulty in breathing, etc.
- Someone who live in or have recently traveled to an area where there is a rapid rate of transmission of COVID 19 is high
- If someone has been in close contact with an individual who is being suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19
The results of the COVID-19 test mainly help their healthcare provider in making an informed decisions. Being tested for COVID-19 mainly helps in limiting the spread of COVID-19.
If someone tests positive for covid-19, it is extremely likely that someone has an active case of COVID-19. Therefore, it is mainly likely that they will be asked to quarantine to avoid spreading the virus to others.
It is mainly possible that the positive result could be an incorrect false positive result. These are some of the important facts to know about covid testing.